I sure want to take note. Just so that I don't forget. I got this from this book entitled Using Google App Engine.
In order to add a new functionality to our application, take the following steps:
- Decide on the URL that you want to use for the new feature.
- Write a new handler—the handler can initially be simple and just handle a GET request that renders a new template.
- Add a routing entry in main() to send the URL to a new handler.
- Add new templates as needed.
- Update the _base.htm to add any new navigation that is needed.
- Build the rest of the handler code and test your new functionality.